TENURE-TRACK JUNIOR-PROFESSORSHIP IN MATERIALS INFORMATICS AND DATA SCIENCES
|Online since|| |
22.02.2019 - 09:13
The Ruhr Universität Bochum (RUB) is one of the leading research universities in Germany. As a reform-oriented campus university, it houses the full spectrum of expertise in the main branches of science and research under one roof. Working in an environment that promotes a dynamic exchange between individual academic disciplines and their cultures, researchers and students alike benefit from the opportunities of interdisciplinary collaboration.
The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at Ruhr-Universität Bochum will be awarding a W1 Junior-Professorship in Materials Informatics and Data Sciences at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Advanced Materials Simulation (ICAMS). Pending a positive tenure evaluation, the successful candidate will be subsequently appointed to a permanent position as professor (W2). The evaluation criteria can be found at www.icams.de/content/open-positions/tt_criteria.
The tenure-track professorship will represent the field “Data driven Materials Research” in education and research. This comprises:
- Survey and statistical analysis of large amounts of materials data from various sources (literature, experiments, ab initio calculations), "data mining";
- Development of consistent and searchable data formats for unstructured heterogeneous data;
- Correlation of data using machine learning and artificial intelligence methods;
- Linking with physically based material laws, hybrid modelling;
- Use of materials data for predictive, knowledge-based materials design and inverse modelling (e.g. damage analysis).
The appointment requirements in accordance with § 36 ff. of the Higher Education Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Hochschulgesetz NRW; www.rub.de/appointments) must be fulfilled. Other mandatory requirements include:
- Qualification for and deep commitment to academic teaching;
- Willingness to engage in interdisciplinary research and collaboration;
- Experience in project and funding acquisition;
- Readiness to participate in academic administration.
Ruhr-Universität Bochum is an equal opportunity employer.
Complete applications (cover letter, academic CV specifying the researcher-ID and track record, list of acquired third-party funding, list of lectures and seminars as well as 3 page maximum research statement and teaching plan) are to be submitted no later than March, 31st, 2019 in electronic form as one PDF-document to the chair of the appointment committee Prof. Dr. Ingo Steinbach, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, 44780 Bochum. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact person|| |
Mr Prof. Ingo Steinbach
+49 234 3229371
Type of employment
|Institute / Institution|| |
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
|Period of employment|| |
|Application Deadline|| |
Sunday, 31. March 2019 - 23:59