Ruhr-Universität Bochum | Institute for Theoretical Physics I
Best.-Nr.: 357817 - Postdoctoral researcher (m/f/d) 3 years 39,83 h/w
- Online seit 13.11.2020
- Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter(in)
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
The Institute for Theoretical Physics I of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum (Bochum, Germany) invites applications from candidates (m/f/d) with interest in multi-scale plasma processes (magnetic reconnection, turbulence, instabilities) in the heliospheric environment, and in innovative numerical methods for the simulation of plasmas.
The ideal candidate (m/f/d)should be very familiar with at least three of the following items:
- plasma physics, space physics
- numerical methods for plasma simulations: kinetic (preferentially PIC) or MHD
- computer programming in Python, C and/or C++
- High Performance Computing, parallel programming
- solar, magnetospheric and/or solar wind data analysis (simulation and/ or observations)
The candidate (m/f/d) is expected to work well in an international environment and to participate in the teaching activities of the group.
The load of teaching will be calculated according to §3 of Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung (state of North Rhine-Westphalia).
For more information, please contact Maria Elena Innocenti at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send a CV, list of publication and statement of research interest (~ 1 page) to email@example.com
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they are underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
A Ph.D. in space physics or similar discipline is required
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- three years
- E13 in the German salary scale
- Donnerstag, 03. Dezember 2020 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Institute for Theoretical Physics I
- Universitätsstr. 150
- 44801 Bochum, Deutschland
- Frau Juniorprofessorin Maria Elena Innocenti