Ruhr-Universität Bochum | Institut für Archäologische Wissenschaften
Order-No. 687812: Post-Doctoral Researcher (m/f/d) 3,5 years 39,83 h/w
- Online seit 11.06.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter(in)
Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) is one of the leading research universities in Germany. As a reform-oriented campus university, it uniquely combines the entire range of the major scientific disciplines in one place. The dynamic coexistence of disciplines offers researchers and students alike special opportunities for interdisciplinary cooperation.
Within the Leibniz SienceCampus „Resources in Transformation (ReForm W36/2019)“ funded by the Leibniz-Gemeinschaft the Faculties of Geography, Macroeconomics, and Historical Sciences are seeking:
Post-Doctoral Researcher (m/f/d) Methods
(Pay grade E13 TV-L / 39,83 h/w- temporary employment)
The position is available from Sptember 1st 2021 on a full-time postdoctoral basis. It is limited to a term up to three and a half years. The salary will be according to the remuneration group E 13 TV-L (full time).
The Leibniz SienceCampus ReForm is a cooperation between the Ruhr-Universität Bochum, the Deutsches Bergbau-Museum Bochum, the FernUniversität in Hagen, the Technische Hochschule Georg Agricola and the Stiftung Geschichte des Ruhrgebiets/Institut für soziale Bewegungen.
ReForm aims to investigate the transformative potential of resources, which is estimated to be significant, not just for the history of humanity but also for contemporary society, particularly in relation to socio-ecological aspects. Taking a multi-perspective approach, the project partners in the fields of the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and economics plan to investigate, by way of example, how humans are interconnected with their material environment through various practices and how social institutions emerge and change during these processes. The aim is to develop middle range theories and to test them, for example using agent-based modelling of various datasets.
For further information on the The Leibniz SienceCampus ReForm please see https://reform.ressourcencampus-bochum.de.
Who are we looking for/Candidate Profile
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher for interdisciplinary method developing within the ReForm project.
- an above-average degree in in social science, economics, geography or geosciences.
- experience in modelling related to complex adaptive systems, preferably agent-based modelling.
- a strong interest in the research question of how resources contribute to the transformation of historic and current societies.
Experience in interdisciplinary cooperation and solicitation of external funding is desired.
You will have the opportunity to independently pursue your own research projects, which should be related to the research fields of ReForm.
- Generating your own research ideas and develop them into a successful, high level research project
- Raising third-party funding and establish your own research project
- actively engaging in in the multidisciplinary ReForm team and contributing to a productive cooperation, which includes both qualitative and quantitative research approaches
Since the funding is provided by external third-party sources, postdoctoral researchers are generally not obliged to take on teaching duties but are welcome to do so.
- a friendly working atmosphere in an interdisciplinary, research-strong team and internationally highly respected research institution an excellent research environment
- excellent support for postdoctoral researchers
- excellent scientific network and cooperation partners
- opportunities for academic and professional development
The position is third party funded and does not have any formal teaching duties attached.
Are you interested?
Please send your convincing application including
- a scientific proposal for your research project within ReForm (max. 3 pages),
- a Curriculum vitae,
- list of publications
by email (in one single PDF file) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of application: June 25th 2021
For further information, please address to: email@example.com
With ReForm, we seek to promote women's careers, and we are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from female candidates. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
Travel expenses for interviews will be reimbursed up to a certain amount of money.
RUB-Web: Seiten Datenschutzinformationen
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- 3,5 Jahre
- E13 TV-L
- Freitag, 25. Juni 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Institut für Archäologische Wissenschaften
- Am Bergbaumuseum 31
- 44791 Bochum, Deutschland
- Herr Michael Krauß