Ruhr-Universität Bochum | Chair of Development Economics / Chair of International Economics
Order-No.: 715007 - Postdoc (m/w/d) 39,83 h/w until 31.12.2023
- Online seit 16.07.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter(in)
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
The Chair of Development Research (Prof. Löwenstein) and the Chair of International Economics (Prof. Busse) at the Faculty of Management and Economics have a vacancy for a
Postdoc Position (m/f/d) in Development and/or International Economics
starting November 1, 2021, or the earliest date thereafter. The position is initially limited to two years, with the option of extension. The position will be based at one of the two chairs and will involve research and teaching in the areas of (empirical/applied) development and/or international economics. An overview of ongoing research activities of the two chairs can be found here:
The load of teaching will be calculated according to §3 of Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung (state of North Rhine-Westphalia).
You may finish your current research and are expected to start new projects within our research areas and preferably with members of our teams.
- An attractive work environment within an interdisciplinary and international team at an excellent research university in Europe
- Support for building your own independent scientific career (networking, mentoring, projects, presentations at workshops and conferences, etc.)
For further inquiries, please contact Jan Wüstenfeld (email@example.com). Interested applicants should send their application with the usual documents (cover letter, CV, certificates of bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees as well as one of your scientific papers) by August 29, 2021 at the latest exclusively by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send only one pdf file. Unfortunately, application/travel costs cannot be covered. We are looking forward to your application!
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they are underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
RUB-Web: Seiten Datenschutzinformationen
- a PhD degree in economics (or close to graduation)
- research in the subject areas of one of the two chairs
- independent preparation and teaching of courses in English (teaching load 4 hours per week)
- high motivation, initiative and ability to work in a team
- very good knowledge of English (knowledge of German is helpful, but not required)
- excellent knowledge of econometrics and STATA (or other software packages)
- first experiences in empirical economic research
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- 01.11.2021 bis 31.12.2023
- TV-L 13
- Sonntag, 29. August 2021 - 00:00
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Chair of Development Economics / Chair of International Economics
- Universitätsstraße 150, GD 03/323, Fach GD 41
- 44801 Bochum, Deutschland
- Herr Jan Wüstenfeld