Ruhr-Universität Bochum | Geographisches Institut
Post-doctoral Researcher in Landscape Planning (m/f/d) 39,83 h/week, 2 years
- Online seit 21.06.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter(in)
Ruhr University Bochum is one of Germany’s leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
Applications are invited for a full-time PostDoc position (m/f/d) in Landscape Planning (39,83 working hours per week), starting as soon as possible and limited for two years. An extension of the position is possible but contingent upon the successful acquisition of research funding.
The successful applicant will be associated with the Professorship for Environmental Analysis and Planning in Metropolitan Regions at the Institute of Geography and contribute to the transdisciplinary working group Planning Metropolitan Landscapes (PLACES) (tinyurl.com/placeslab). PLACES aims to deliver excellence in teaching and research in the field of environmental analysis and planning to support transformations of metropolitan regions towards attaining the goals of sustainable development.
RUB-Web: Seiten Datenschutzinformationen
- Carrying out research on a self-selected topic in the field of landscape planning in the German and European context, for example relating to nature-based solutions and green infrastructure
- Contributing to research funding acquisition
- Authoring high-level publications and presenting research results at conferences
- Teaching and supervising students (teaching load is three hours (four SWS in the German system)
- Co-advising PhD students
- PhD degree in landscape planning or a closely related field
- Knowledge of the German spatial and landscape planning system
- High motivation to advance innovative landscape planning research and teaching
- Experience with collaborating in inter- and transdisciplinary teams
- Experience in publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- Good communications skills and fluent command of English are mandatory. Knowledge of German is an asset, but not mandatory.
- First experience in acquiring research funding is desirable
What we offer
- Active support and promotion to develop your own teaching and research profile
- Opportunities for writing excellent publications, for engaging in innovative teaching, and for gaining experience in research project acquisition and coordination
- Embeddedness in a high-profile research environment and ambitious interdisciplinary team with excellent national and international research networks
- Benefits for personal development and further qualification opportunities
- A vibrant region with a high quality of life and a wide cultural offering for a balance between family and professional life
- Remuneration according to the TVöD public-sector pay grade E13 including public-sector social security benefits
Complete applications including a motivation letter (max. 2 pages, including a statement of research interests), a full curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, a list of publications, research funding acquired, and a teaching record should be sent as a single PDF-file with the reference ‘PostDoc_LP_LastName’ by e-mail (email@example.com) to Prof. Dr. Christian Albert, Institute of Geography, no later than July 30, 2021.
The teaching load follows the regulations stipulated by §3 of the Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr University Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they have been underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Two years (extension envisaged but contingent upon funding)
- TVL E13
- Freitag, 30. Juli 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Geographisches Institut
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universitätsstraße 150
- 44801 Bochum, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. Christian Albert