Ruhr-Universität Bochum | Experimentalphysik I - FFN
Researcher (Post-D (m/f/d) in software developments, 3 years
- Online seit 08.10.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter(in)
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
The department "FAIR Forschung NRW (FFN)" invites outstanding candidates to apply for a
Researcher (Post-Doc) position for the development of simulation and reconstruction software (m/f/d)
for the PANDA Straw Tube Tracker (STT) and the Forward Tracker (FT), to be built at FAIR, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be responsible together with national and international partners to upgrade the existing simulation and reconstruction software for both the Straw Tube Tracker (STT) and the Forward Tracker (FT) of the future PANDA experiment. The STT and the FT are the main detectors for measuring the flight paths of charged particles. They consist of 4,700 resp. 13,000 individual gas filled straw tubes. Together with the drift time measurement a special resolution perpendicular to the tube of 150 µm can be achieved. An outdated version of the software is existing which has to be updated to newer detector parameters as well as modern programming principles.
If the position is funded by third-party funds, the employee has no teaching obligation (§3 der Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung NRW).
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they have been underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
*Notification obligation for the collection of personal data* https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en/information-collection-personal-data-application-process
- with a very good university degree with a doctoral degree (PhD) in experimental physics in the field of particle or hadron physics or computer science
- with experience in programming in C++ and the work in larger software developments
- who enjoys to work with master and PhD students and the scientific and technical staff of the institute
- with significant experience publishing its work (shown by an appropriate publication list)
- which enjoys working in an international team
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- 3 Jahre, beginnend frühestens am 1.1.2022
- TV-L E13
- Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Experimentalphysik I - FFN
- Universitätsstraße 150, Gebäude NB 2
- 44801 Bochum, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. James Ritman