Ruhr-Universität Bochum | Experimentalphysik I - FFN
Researcher (Post-Doc) (m/f/d) in detector developments, 3 years
- Online seit 08.10.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter(in)
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
The department "FAIR Forschung NRW (FFN)" invites outstanding candidates to apply for a
Researcher (Post-Doc) position for the developments of silicon microstrip detectors(m/f/d)
for the PANDA Micro Vertex Detector (MVD), to be built at FAIR, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be responsible together with national and international partners to develop and produce the silicon micro-strip components of the MVD. This includes the test of the sensors, the layout of the hybridization of the sensors with the custom designed readout electronics as well as the design of the support and cooling structures of the disc sensors of the MVD.
If the position is funded by third-party funds, the employee has no teaching obligation (§3 der Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung NRW).
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they have been underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
*Notification obligation for the collection of personal data* https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en/information-collection-personal-data-application-process
- with a very good university degree with a doctoral degree (PhD) in experimental physics in the field of particle or hadron physics
- with experience with particle detectors, in particular with silicon micro-strip or pixel detectors for charged particle tracking
- who enjoys to work with master and PhD students and the scientific and technical staff of the institute and of the various workshops
- with significant experience publishing its work (shown by an appropriate publication list)
- which enjoys working in an international team
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- 01.01.2022 - 31.12.2024, 39,83 h/week
- TV-L E13
- Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Experimentalphysik I - FFN
- Universitätsstraße 150, Gebäude NB 2
- 44801 Bochum, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. James Ritman