Ruhr-Universität Bochum | Lehrstuhl für Systemsicherheit
student assistant (m/f/d) 6 Months, 19 h/week
- Online seit 30.04.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Hilfskraft
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
Over the past decade, the digital life of most people has moved from stationary devices such as desktop computers to computationally powerful mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets or smartwatches. Not only do these devices bring a new level of convenience for users, they are also much more vulnerable to attacks that compromise the confidentiality of users’ private data - as revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden’s global surveillance disclosures.
The focus of this special project is on security evaluation of IoT devices and associated network.
- Set up a test-bed running on Azure Sphere platform
- Evaluation of the security and privacy guarantees provided by the Azure Sphere OS
- Development of testing methods for IoT apps
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they are underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
We are looking for a student assistant (m/f/d) with the following profile:
You have a Bachelor degree or comparable knowledge acquired through qualifications and/or professional experience. You have the ability to analytically and conceptually penetrate systems and processes and systems and processes and their mapping in IT systems.
As a student assistant, you should ideally have sound practical knowledge in the following areas:
- very good knowledge of wireless communication
- good to very good knowledge of the LTE stack
- familiar with research in standard documents
- protocol analysis with Wireshark
- good programming skills (C/C++), familiar with multi-threading
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- 13,60 € WHB
- Freitag, 14. Mai 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Lehrstuhl für Systemsicherheit
- Universitätsstraße 150
- 44801 Bochum, Deutschland
- Frau Dr. Veelasha Moonsamy