Open doctoral positions in the Cluster of Excellence RESOLV
|Online seit|| |
11.01.2019 - 09:55
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
RESOLV is a world-leading interdisciplinary research institution in Solvation Science awarded as a Cluster of Excellence by the German Excellence Strategy. Within RESOLV, more than 200 scientists at six institutions in the Ruhr area covering experimental chemistry, theory and chemical engineering investigate how solvents are involved in the control, mediation and regulation of chemical reactions and processes. RESOLV’s mission stretches from fundamental research to the translation into applications such as green technologies or smart sensors.
The integrated Graduate School Solvation Science (iGSS) embedded in RESOLV seeks to attract highly motivated students with a top-level Master’s degree (iGSS Track I) or with a top-level Bachelor’s degree (iGSS Track II) who will work in an inspiring and exciting research environment. The iGSS offers a graduate program that combines cutting-edge research with a curriculum of lectures, colloquia, and workshops, augmented by international experiences. Doctoral students will be employed for three years and will be payed according to public service’s wage agreement (up to E13 TV-L, 50%).
- Working on a research topic that is related to the interdisciplinary field of Solvation Science; for more information please refer to our website (www.solvation.de).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You will be embedded in a high-profile research environment.
- You are integrated in the International Faculty Solvation Science and will gain international work experience during a 2 – 3 month internship abroad.
- You will benefit from personal development possibilities, the entrepreneurial attitude within RESOLV and a broad spectrum of lectures as well as transferable skills courses.
- You will develop your science communication skills by presenting your research to the public.
- You are provided with funding for visiting international conferences.
If the position is funded by third-party funds the employee has no teaching obligation.
Please refer to our Jobs & Training section on our website (www.solvation.de) for more details on possible supervisors and research topics. Please vote for one or two of the available research topics/supervisors. Applications will be accepted any time.
Please apply via email to email@example.com (1 PDF) or via snail-mail to:
Cluster of Excellence RESOLV
Dr. Julia Nowack / ZEMOS Building / Room 0.99
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they have been underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
- You hold an A-grade (“very good”) qualifying degree at either the level of Master or Diploma to enter the School’s Track I or an A-Grade (3 yr. or, preferably, 4 yr.) Bachelor to enter the School’s Track II; degrees in chemistry, physics, biochemistry, engineering, or a related discipline will be accepted.
- You are fascinated by the interdisciplinary research field Solvation Science.
- You have very good English language skills (equal to B2, oral and writing).
Frau Dr. Julia Nowack
+49 234 3227240
Art der Beschäftigung
|Institut / Einrichtung|| |
Graduate School Solvation Science, Cluster of Excellence RESOLV
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |
Samstag, 31. Dezember 2022 - 23:59