Postdoc Researcher 39,83 Std./Woche 3 Jahre
|Online seit|| |
06.11.2018 - 08:01
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in the field of cognitive neuroscience. The position is part of the research project "Stress effects on Memory Accuracy versus Generalisation (StressAcGen). This project is funded by an Open Research Area grant from the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO). It is a collaboration between the Ruhr University Bochum (PI Wolf) and the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour (PIs Roozendaal, Henckens, and Hermans) in Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
Stressful and emotionally arousing experiences activate hormonal and brain systems that create strong memories. It remains unclear, however, how this strengthening affects the quality of such memories. The StressAcGen project is an interdisciplinary and translational effort that will conduct human behavioral, pharmacological and neuroimaging studies in combination with mechanistic studies in rodents.
If the position is funded by third-party funds the employee has no teaching obligation.
We request applicants to send a motivation letter explaining their interest and qualifications regarding the position, their prior research/work experience, a CV, and contact information of two professional references. The deadline for application is December 15, 2018. Please send all the material as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they have been underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
The task of the postdoctoral researcher is to perform pharmacological functional-MRI studies within the general framework of this project. These studies will involve sophisticated univariate and multivariate analyses of functional neuroimaging data, and will require targeted pharmacological manipulations of stress hormone systems. The postdoctoral fellow will be jointly supervised by Oliver Wolf and Erno Hermans.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A PhD in cognitive neuroscience or an adjacent field (psychological, biological, biomedical, or computer sciences).
• A strong academic track record including publications in leading (inter)disciplinary journals.
• A strong interest for fundamental research in cognitive and affective neurosciences.
• Experience in functional MRI design, acquisition, and analysis.
• Advanced computational and/or programming skills (Matlab, Python, or other languages).
• Experience and interest in training and supervising junior scientists.
• The capacity to participate in an interdisciplinary, international, and translational research environment.
• Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate and communicate in academia.
• A proactive and goal-directed attitude, good organizational skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
Candidates who only partially meet this profile are nonetheless strongly encouraged to apply.
Art der Beschäftigung
Herr Prof. Dr. Oliver Wolf
+49 234 3222670
|Institut / Einrichtung|| |
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |
Samstag, 15. Dezember 2018 - 23:59