Postdoctoral positions 2 years 39,83 hours/week
|Online seit|| |
26.11.2018 - 08:11
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
The postdoctoral Fellowship Program FP-RESOMUS (Resolving Solvation with Molecular Ultrafast Science and Technology) is a joint effort of the Swiss National Center of Competence in Research Molecular Ultrafast Science and Technology (NCCR MUST) and the German Cluster of Excellence RESOLV (Ruhr Explores Solvation), and is funded as a Horizon 2020 Maria Skłodowska-Curie COFUND Action.
In FP-RESOMUS, around 50 research groups from NCCR MUST and RESOLV combine their expertise to increase the fundamental understanding of the interactions and dynamics of molecules, liquids, solutions, and solids at the molecular, atomic, and electronic level. The tools used to gain this understanding are state-of-the-art laser technology, microscopy, and simulation methods.
FP-RESOMUS aims to attract postdoctoral fellows from around the world (incoming), strengthen the exchange of postdoctoral researchers between the two networks (outgoing) and enable the return of Swiss and German researchers working overseas into a European research environment (re-integration). The structured bi-national program is set up to provide high-level, comprehensive postdoctoral training, giving experienced researchers ample opportunity to expand their professional knowledge, skills, and experience.
What we offer
FP-RESOMUS offers an interdisciplinary, innovative and collaborative research environment. In addition to a systematic training on the job, you will profit from personal development possibilities and the opportunity to attend transferable skills courses. Research visits to partner institutions within FP-RESOMUS are encouraged and supported. It is the aim of FP-RESOMUS to grant attractive postdoctoral positions to outstanding and highly motivated applicants, regardless of their nationality and gender. A family-friendly environment is established by the appropriate on-site infrastructure and modern employment conditions.
Fellows are employed in a full-time contract for the duration of two years.
If the position is funded by third-party funds the employee has no teaching obligation.
Please refer to the eligibility check on the FP-RESOMUS website to assess your formal eligibility for the program. Eligible candidates can apply online through the FP-RESOMUS submission page (a password for this page will be provided after a positive eligibility check).
To apply, please upload the following documents:
- Application letter: please upload the completed Personal data form (Form 1), your EuroPass CV, and two Reference Letters (Form 2), as one single PDF document.
- Research proposal: please upload your Research Proposal (Form 3) and the completed Ethical Issues Form (4) as one single PDF document.
- Additional documents: other documents such as certificates and diplomas.
Please note that you prepare your application jointly with one of the FP-RESOMUS principal investigators (PIs) listed on the FP-RESOMUS projects page.
For further information about our program, please contact the Management Team of FP-RESOMUS using the contact form on the website (http://fp-resomus.eu/).
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they have been underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
- PhD degree in one of the FP-RESOMUS related scientific fields: the PhD degree must have been awarded no more than four years prior to the date of recruitment. Exceptions are made for:
- Parents with young children: one additional year per child can be claimed up to a maximum of three years.
- Other documented and justifiable career breaks, such as illness or disabilities.
- At least one peer-reviewed original publication is required at the time of the application.
- Mobility: applicants are eligible if they have lived, or had their main activity (work, studies etc.), in the intended host country (Switzerland or Germany) for fewer than 12 months within the past three years at the time of the call deadline. The program is open for candidates from EU member States, associated or third countries. Please read the eligibility criteria (Guide for Applicants on the FP-RESOMUS homepage) carefully.
Art der Beschäftigung
Frau Dr. Julia Nowack
+49 234 3227240
|Institut / Einrichtung|| |
Cluster of Excellence RESOLV
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |
Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2019 - 23:59