Research scientist (m/f/d) 25,88 h/w until 30.04.2020
|Online seit|| |
10.05.2019 - 07:00
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
Teh position is available within the DFG-funded research unit "The forgotten part of carbon cycling: Soil organic matter storage and turnover in subsoils (SUBSOM)". The position may be available for an additional 2 years if a subsequent proposal is successful.
The main objective of this study is to determine the relevance of the spatial segregation of microbial consumers from their substrates as a controlling factor for the long-term stability of SOM in subsoils. This involves determining the spatial distribution of enzymes on undisturbed soil sample surfaces using fluorescent imaging techniques and combining this nutrient and substrate additions for determining substrate limitations for microbial activity and SOM turnover in spatially distinct soil microsites.
- Characterizing undisturbed soil samples for enzyme activities with and without additions of nutrients and/or organic substrates.
- Investigating possibilities for determining soil properties on the soil surfaces with non-invasive analytical tools (MIR spectroscopy, multi-spectral analysis).
- Collaborating with PhD students and other scientists through common experiments, discussions and data exchange.
- MSc degree in geography, geoecology, agriculture, or related disciplines with a focus on soil science or soil ecology.
- Creative and technical talents for adapting, designing and developing new methodological tools for studying soil biological processes.
- Knowledge of a broad range of soil analytical techniques, statistics and geostatistics.
- Fluent knowledge of English, German is of advantage.
- Ability and willingness to work in a dedicated team with an international background
If the position is funded by third-party funds the employee has no teaching obligation.
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they have been underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
Herr Prof. Dr. Bernd Marschner
+49 234 3222108
Art der Beschäftigung
|Institut / Einrichtung|| |
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |
Mittwoch, 5. Juni 2019 - 23:59